Monday, December 14, 2009

A Case of The Mondays

Thankfully, as a student, Mondays aren't so big a deal. The whole week tends to blend together, and interrupting this laid-back blend, is the occasional obligation to attend class. It wasn't until I started this internship that I understood why Monday's are so difficult for people who have full time jobs.

For one, they come out of nowhere. My weekends blink by mockingly these days. My schedule this past semester was ideal - I had no classes on Friday and my first class on Monday did not start until the afternoon. And even more delightful will be my schedule this upcoming semester - no class on Mondays or Fridays.

Secondly, I have nothing to do. Most things are tied up and finished on Fridays and with the new week, I find myself without assignment. I think this is largely because everyone else is wondering "What should I begin with?" too.

Thirdly, Mondays are bad because on Mondays, you're hit with the realization that another week has passed and you haven't accomplished anywhere close to what you meant to. I used to be able to get some work done on the weekends. Lately, I'm too tired. I don't know how working people get their errands done. I space mine out daily over an entire week; if you work full time, you'd have to try and get everything done in one day. I just can't comprehend.

So on this Monday, I was definitely having a case of the Mondays. Again, I worked more on receipts and sending letters. I also had the opportunity to write one of the stories for Zoom. To be honest, I can't remember very many details about my day, except this one.

My supervisor called me into her office this afternoon to assess how I was doing so far. I've been keeping an Excel sheet (my dad would be so proud), compiling the hours I've worked and what tasks I did on that day. I had my supervisor look this over and sign off on it for documentation for my class. At the end of our meeting, I was told I'd be doing a screen test tomorrow for Zoom. As I've talked about before, Zoom is a 4-5 minute broadcast done every night on Catholic Canadian and world events. It's just you and the camera basically. Though I got a little nervous, for the most part I was just excited for the opportunity.

I think I'll close on that note. I'm too tired to try and be more creative with this entry.

Sweet dreams,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment