Monday, January 11, 2010

The Last Week

It's hard to believe that this is the last week of my internship in Toronto. All I can say is wow.

This whole thing came into play over six months ago at the Catholic Studies luncheon when I was trying to find contacts to help me find an internship for my upcoming course. I had planned, worried over, and anticipated this internship for so long - and now here I am in the midst of its final week.

Today I worked a lot on transcribing interviews. Of all the tasks I've had to do at Salt + Light, this is probably the most tedious. I think every reporter secretly dreads transcribing their own interviews, so I can't fault them for passing this on to an intern. Either way, I'm sure I helped free up some time for the producer who assigned me to this, so I'm glad I was able to help somewhat.

This week seems to be a busy one for the office. Tomorrow and Wednesday, Salt + Light will be streaming the Episcopal Ordinations of two incoming bishops live on their website. I know people have been working frantically behind the scenes to make sure things will run smoothly tomorrow. I've never seen the installation ceremony for a bishop, so it should be pretty interesting.

I started to clean up my desk today, which was a little sad. Friday is going to be a short day for me, so technically I only have three more days of work. I'm not really sure what I'll be up to the rest of the week, considering no one is going to want me to get started on something with such short time left.

I'm a little concerned with my luggage situation as well. I took only one suitcase back from Houston with me to Toronto after Christmas, but also packed an empty duffel bag in the suitcase in the event I needed it. I took a lot home with me over the break, but I came back to more stuff that I remembered. I need to start packing my things tonight in the event I need to ship stuff home that doesn't fit.

Here's hoping I don't have to pay international shipping rates,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment