Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday, Monday

Monday morning I woke up thinking I was still in my bed in Houston, snuggled warmly against my puppy dog Pancake. Realization fully hit when I saw snow falling lightly outside the window. So much for a "warm welcome".

Routines are hard to get back into. Getting ready without my regular cup of morning coffee was slightly painful. Not to mention I was cold - I had lost any resistance I had built up during the first three and a half weeks. Houston had defrosted me. Thanfully, I did bring a thicker coat back to Toronto with me, which helps. But no matter what, stepping outside into 10-15 degrees is cold, no matter what you're wearing.

I didn't miss the railcars one bit while I was gone, but apparently they continued to just miss me every time I tried to get on one. I don't know if there's a magnetic force that separates us, but without fail, the railcar is taking off as soon as I make it to the stop.

I think I surprised a few people when I showed up for work this morning - perhaps they had an office pool going around on whether or not I'd return. The office was pretty quiet, considering not everyone had returned from the holiday. Without many people there and without an assignment, the day passed by a little slower than I would have liked. However, I was able to work out some wedding details in the free time.

I was told I would be doing Zoom this Friday and next Wednesday, so that gives me something to look forward to. Otherwise, there's not much to report about the day. I made it back to the convent for dinner - fish and chips - and returned to my room to unpack. It feels weird being back and knowing I have such a short amount of time here. Two weeks is sure to fly by quickly.

Any way, I think that's all I have to report today. I'll try and be more exciting tomorrow :)

Good night,

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment